Tuesday, July 18, 2017

EP Review: MUTANK W.H.A.T.S.T.H.A.T.

Boonsdale Records
W.H.A.T.S.T.H.A.T. by MUTANK without a doubt provides the listener with a barrage of short catchy thrash-metal creations. The majority of the songs are short, but the last track D.E.A.T.H is your standard length thrash metal. W.H.A.T.S.T.H.A.T. (We Have Alotta' Thrash Song That Have Abbreviated Titles) is awesome thrash, but I am also hearing some hardcore/punk influences to round it off. I could be wrong. Whilst reading the credits, I noticed that this EP was recorded by TOPON DAS of FUCK THE FACTS. As always, Topon has done a wonderful job on this. MUTANK has provided me with some of the best underground metal that I have heard from QUEBEC in quite some time. As a guy who listens to a ton of grind, the short length of these tracks might appeal to fans of grind. These recordings reeled me in pretty quick. Listen to this EP. Buy it. Make love to it. Pass it down to your children. For fans of thrash and underground metal, this release is sure to pacify any feelings of rage that might be nestled deep within your cranium. Enjoy it (I did). -Devin Joseph Meaney

Track list:
1. L.I.F.E.
2. I.D.I.O.T.
3. P.O.P.U.L.O.U.S.
4. F.O.G.
5. D.E.A.T.H.



No comments:

Post a Comment